Next World TV

Common Sense Solutions - Starting Now

Zero Waste At Ohio Stadium

Subscribe to Next World TV

Your e-mail address is kept absolutely private
We make it easy to unsubscribe at any time

Composting -- At The Game?

Can a stadium that seats over 100,000 people realistically shoot for a zero waste policy?

Welcome to Ohio Stadium, the home of the Ohio State Buckeyes football team, located on the campus of The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. With a capacity of 102,329, it is the fourth largest football stadium in the United States.

Imagine compost bins at a stadium! Volunteers help people throw items in the right place, and food vendors are switching to compostable packaging.

They figure only 10% of waste is really garbage headed for the landfill, and the other 90% they are committed to composting and recycling. They are off to a great start to meet these ambitious waste reducing goals.

Hoorah for Ohio Stadium! Big cheers!

--Bibi Farber